Featured Post

Table of Contents

Click the on "Table of Contents" link above to navigate the thoughts of KLK. - Click on links below to access whole threads or...

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Most Influential Inventor Poll

When my kids took Freshman history at our local high school, they had to memorize the "100 Most Influential People" list.  This is the list compiled by Michael Hart in the late 70's.  Always good to start a big discussion!  The top three were, as I recall:  1.  Mohammad;  2. Isaac Newton;  3. Jesus Christ.  Well, maybe I'll come back to that specific list someday.  But I think the term "influential" is probably a poor one.  Also, it's really impossible to combine the various disciplines like religious leaders, political leaders, and scientists all in one list.  Mr. Hart claimed Mohammed was at the top of the list because he was both a religious and military leader.  Well, I don't know about that.

Anyway, I put up a poll on the Most Influential Inventor.  I suppose it is really more of a poll of the most influential invention.  But go ahead and vote.  Is the invention of paper more important than the printing press?  Writing more important than the wheel?  Should the invention of the World Wide Web even be a choice?  We'll see what the masses have to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment